The Johnstown Area Heritage Association, which produces the AmeriServ Flood City Music Festival, prioritizes the health and well-being of everybody at our 2022 festival. As in 2021, we do not have a policy where patrons must present proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test for entry, as our event is almost entirely outside, doesn’t involve camping, and has general admission seating rather than standing room only.
To address concerns of our artists and to ensure our festival is as safe as possible, we will continue with the following safety protocols:
- Powerful air purifiers will be placed in the only enclosed indoor spaces on our grounds (such as the upstairs VIP bar in the Community Foundation Oilhouse, and the Oilhouse restrooms) to help reduce the potential for airborne contamination; we will do everything possible to ventilate the entire Oilhouse thoroughly, including keeping the large garage doors and all other doors open, and deploying fans.
- Video reinforcement at the mainstage will allow patrons who wish to distance to do so while still enjoying a great view of the show.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available on festival grounds.
We encourage everyone in our community to get vaccinated to help hasten the end of the pandemic, and to keep you and everyone around you safer.
We will continue to pay attention to local and national trends as the festival approaches, and want to express our appreciation for your continued support and enthusiasm.
How you can help
We ask that you not attend if any of the following is true for you or anyone in your party:
- Within 14 days before attending the festival you have tested positive, or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for, COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious;
- Within 48 hours prior to attending the festival, you have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., a fever of 100.4F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19);
- Within 14 days prior to attending the festival, you have visited any international territory identified by federal or applicable state or local governments as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories due to COVID-19.